Please discuss the following
parameters with your group and submit your responses.
- Describe the event you want to promote?
- Specify a location for your event in the west Kendall
- Describe your desired demographic?
- How many people will the venue hold?
- What is the name and description of the act are you
interested in promoting or featuring? What will the entertainment cost?
- How much will sound reinforcement cost?
- How much security will you need and how much will it
- How will you promote the event? How much are you
budgeting for promotion?
- What sponsors may be interested in being involved
with this event?
- Based on the 60% rule, please calculate an
appropriate ticket price.
- What ideas do you have regarding merchandising sales?
Will you be creating product or selling existing stock? Will you be
selling the product or taking a percentage of artist sales?
- Will your event feature food and drinks? If so, will
you be selling alcohol? Does the venue own a beer and wine, or alcohol
- Do you have insurance covering the venue, performers,
equipment, and employees in case of an accidental injury?
- Are you considering an outdoor event? If so, have you
planned on a rain date or do you have weather insurance? Note that you can
also make the event a rain or shine event but must be willing to absorb
- Are you a licensed booking agent or promoter in the
state of Florida?
- Please detail a timeline for your event using the
template in the Baskerville book.